A special podcast mini-series for the summer of 2022: tune in each week for conversations with dynamic and talented science communicators. We’ll cover how they got into science communication, their approach to conveying research findings in an engaging way, and what you can do to be a more effective communicator. I emphasize social science communication because that’s my background, but the series draws broadly on science communication in general.
All episodes will be released on the Opinion Science podcast feed, which is available on all major podcast platforms.
- SciComm Summer #1 – Joss Fong: Producing Science Videos
- SciComm Summer #2 – Meryl Horn: Producing the “Science Vs” Podcast
- SciComm Summer #3 – David McRaney: Making Social Science Engaging
- SciComm Summer #4 – David Nussbaum: Writing Op-Eds
- SciComm Summer #5 – Taylor Scott: Bridging Research and Policy
- SciComm Summer #6 – Evelyn Carter: Training & Consulting
- SciComm Summer #7 – Daniel Pink: Writing Books
- SciComm Summer #8 – Vanessa Bohns: Writing Books as an Academic
- SciComm Summer #9 – Jesse Thorn: Interviewing
- SciComm Summer #10 – Tim Houlihan & Kurt Nelson: Interviewing Behavioral Scientists [coming August 8th]